restore default factory patches

General discussions related to Miniak-editor
db9

restore default factory patches

Post by db9 »

How can I restore all original factory patches including multis, rhythms and sequences? Holding down "octave down" + "multi" + "programs" while switching the miniak on does not do the trick.

I bought a used miniak and was hoping to restore all patches with the hypersynth editor.

Is there anyplace I can download the original patches as sysex-files. The yahoo tech group does not exist anymore.

Thanks for any advice.
Bitnik

Re: restore default factory patches

Post by Bitnik »

It's been a while since this query was posted, but it's relevant information and so here's my response. I have not yet tested any of this but it's the results of my best effort to find what is available now that the Yahoo group is gone.

There are comprehensive archives of sysex files (which the Miniak can understand) and descriptive text files (which we can understand) at the following link:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/miniak ... tion_1.00/

In particular, to restore all the patches to an Alesis Micron or an Akai Miniak, use the sysex file BundledAllMods.syx in the MiniakAllMod_Sysex folder.

To restore individual patches, use the sysex files from the progs.zip file in the Micron_Miniak_Prog_Sysex_Text folder.

The sysex files go one better than a complete restoration of each patch. In addition they contain a populated mod matrix which makes it easier to edit the patch matrix in the HyperSynth Miniak Editor.