No Sound from Miniak

General discussions related to Miniak-editor
LockedRoom

No Sound from Miniak

Post by LockedRoom »

Hi
I'm having trouble getting sound using the Miniak editor, in standalone and with Cubase 6. I have the Minak connected with a
Midi out cable to the Midi in of a Saffire 6 USB. The Miniak is able to control other synths in Cubase (Halion) and EZ Drummer,
and there is sound, but not with the Miniak editor. When I try Request Patch, I get the message 'No Miniak available'.

Thanks
Iman_JL

Re: No Sound from Miniak

Post by Iman_JL »

You need another MIDI cable from your MIDI interface out to Miniak in for a proper connection.
LockedRoom

Post by LockedRoom »

Thanks for the reply. So the Minial software won't work without 2 midi cables, although other VST instruments do work?
LockedRoom

Post by LockedRoom »

I have now connected with the 2 midi cables and request patch doesn't bring up the error anymore, but still no sound although Halion works fine. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Iman_JL

Post by Iman_JL »

you must get the sound from your sound-interface input, not the plugin output. Miniak-editor is not a VST synth/sampler like halion or etc it does not generate any sound it only transmits and recieves MIDI messages.
LockedRoom

Post by LockedRoom »

Okay thanks for the reply. Have switched around the midi cables and it now works fine.