Error: Receive failed - data is corrupt

General discussions related to Miniak-editor
rad3d

Error: Receive failed - data is corrupt

Post by rad3d »

Just got up and running, and I'm experience intermittent problems with the Miniak Editor. Everything is hooked up correctly, and works about 50% of the time - though too often I'm seeing a message on my Miniak saying 'Receive failed - data is corrupt', and the current program doesn't work. This happens enough where the application is unusable for me.

Is there something wrong with my configuration that could cause this type of an error?

I'm using a MOTU Micro Express USB Midi Interface.
Iman_JL

Re: Error: Receive failed - data is corrupt

Post by Iman_JL »

Please change your MIDI interface, we received many negative reports about Miniak + MOTU interface combination.
weeteeth

Re: Error: Receive failed - data is corrupt

Post by weeteeth »

I've been having this same problem with Hypersynth, as well as with SysEx Librarian (OS X) connected wtih a Alesis USB to MIDI cable. Either "Data is Corrupt" or "Timed out" message. Reading through the Alesis-Ion Yahoo Group, people seem to have had pretty decent luck using Midi-OX (PC) and slowing down the transfer speeds. SysEx Lib. allows this this as well, but I've been fiddling with settings for the last couple days and still haven't manage to load a .syx onto the Miniak. Good luck.