Ableton Live/Mpc 1k Playing Sequences While Tweaking Micron

General discussions related to ion/Micron-editor
claptomclap

Ableton Live/Mpc 1k Playing Sequences While Tweaking Micron

Post by claptomclap »

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the hypersynth micron editor. I've been using this for a time, but haven't been too deep beyond simply connecting micron to the micron editor simply with midi in and midi out. My question now is if I can daisy chain with midi while simultaneously running hypersynth. My setup now includes 3 synths and mpc 1000. So I want to be able to have a midi sequence sent to the Micron from the MPC. While this is happening, I want to be able to tweak the sounds via hypersynth editor.

I'm currently using an UNO midi interface and a Focursrite 18i6 audio interface. I have no midi hooked up with the Focusrite at the moment but could potentially.

Micron Midi Out -> PC Midi In.
PC Midi OutC -> Mpc 1000 Midi In.
Mpc 1000 Midi Out-> Micron Midi In.

I figured in this way the micron and hypersynth would be communicating with each other. However, in this case I was able to select the UNO Midi in from the hypersynth editor drop down box. However, it would not let me select it in Midi out. Is there a potential workaround to achieve what I want?

Also, I currently tried adding the entire folder of the Micron editor into my Ableton Live VST folder so I could just open the Micron Editor in Ableton Live. However, the same problem occurs, it won't allow me select Midi out. This problem does not occur if I open up the Micron editor (the non .dll plugin version).
alex921

Re: Ableton Live/Mpc 1k Playing Sequences While Tweaking Mic

Post by alex921 »

Hey have you found a solution for this? I want to do the exact same thing
Iman_JL

Re: Ableton Live/Mpc 1k Playing Sequences While Tweaking Mic

Post by Iman_JL »

You cannot set 1 midi device in two applications. it is the restriction of your MIDI Interface driver.

There are two solutions :

1-Upgrade to a new MIDI interface with more free ports.
or
2-Use a virtual MIDI port:

http://www.hypersynth.com/download/ion- ... n_Live.pdf